Our page of audio sermons has been updated, including church member Iain Goddard’s recent discussion about parents, the Reverend Frieda Gillespie’s farewell, and the Reverend Ed Lynn’s talk “Awash in Beauty.”
We’ve been catching up, and the audio of every sermon that is available has now been posted online. We’re especially pleased that Reverend Frieda’s sermon of last October 21, “Gender, Identity, and Sexual Orientation,” is now up, given that it seemed to have gone missing at the time. You can listen to the sermons here.
We got a little bit behind, but the audio files for all available sermons for the 2010-’11 church year are now online. Please visit our Sermons page to listen. Recently uploaded sermons:
- “Do It Well: Vocation in Our Modern World,” Ashley Benner, Director of Religious Education, May 22
- “Memories, Respect, War, and Peace,” a spiritual conversation led by church member Peter VanDeBogert, May 29
- “Social Networking: Will It Change the World?”, Rev. Frieda Gillespie, June 5
- “Service Is Our Prayer,” Rev. Frieda Gillespie, June 12
- “Stories of Fatherhood,” church members Tim Bernard, Glen Golrad, and Leonard Swanson, June 19
As a follow-up to Reverend Frieda’s social-networking discussion this past Sunday, we thought you’d like to be able to access our Facebook group as easily as possible. Therefore, we’ve moved the Facebook button to the top of the right-hand column. If you are already registered with Facebook, just click on the button and you will enter. If you ask to join the group, we will try to approve you as quickly as possible. Activity has really picked up since Sunday, so please take part.
Our Twitter button is near the top, too. At the moment we are doing very little with Twitter. But new posts to NSUU.org are automatically sent to our Twitter feed, so it is another way to keep up on what’s going on at our church.
The March issue of the RE newsletter, Religious Education Corner, has been posted in the Religious Education section of NSUU.org
The March issue of our newsletter, the Advance, is now available. Just click here.
Now available online: the February 2011 edition of The Advance, which this month includes the February 2011 Religious Education Program newsletter. Just click on Newsletters.
A few notes for visitors to NSUU.org:
- Google appears to have resolved its problem with Google Calendars, so our Calendar of Events is once again accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Two more sermons have been uploaded to the Sermons page: the Reverend Frieda Gillespie’s November 7 talk on “Capturing the Joy,” and the Reverend Edwin Lynn’s November 14 talk titled “We Are All a Little Quirky.”
- An important reminder: Please make regular use of the NSUU.org link to Amazon.com. If you are buying something through Amazon, just click on the Amazon button at the top of the right-hand column. A percentage of everything you purchase will be donated to the Northshore UU Church.
The December issue of The Advance, our monthly church newsletter, is now available in the Newsletters section of NSUU.org.