Home Page

Northshore Unitarian Universalist Church
A liberal, welcoming congregation serving the North Shore of Massachusetts since 1966

We are
Unitarian
Universalists

We are now holding Sunday Services in-person and on-line, using COVID guidelines to guide decisions as we move forward.

Supporting Fair Trade

                

Unitarian Universalists respect the interdependent web of all existence and know that the choices we make in our daily lives affect thousands of other people all over the world. In this spirit, NSUU supports two non-profit Fair Trade organizations: SERRV and Global Exchange. Fair trade means that artisans and small farmers around the globe receive a fair price for their products so that they can earn a decent living. This is an important step towards lifting thousands of families out of poverty.

 

SERRV works with 24 countries worldwide, empowering over 8,000 artisans and farmers every year by selling their products. During the holiday season, NSUU holds an online SERRV boutique, making beautiful and unique hand-crafted items available at reasonable prices for church members to purchase. In addition, 20% of your purchase price will be sent to NSUU – the other 80% supports SERRV International that employs global artisans living in poverty.

 

Equal Exchange is a worker-owned company that buys products like coffee, tea, and chocolate directly  from small farmers around the globe and gives farmers a fair price for their products. NSUU sold Equal Exchange products weekly after church services before COVID and hopes to resume this practice soon. We serve Fair Trade coffee during coffee hours.

 

With our support, we are combatting global poverty and working to help artisans and farmers build better lives for themselves, their families, and their communities.

 

Although we urge church members to purchase from SERRV during the holidays, you can make purchases any time of the year by clicking HERE . It is important that  you enter the SERRV website through this link so that the church receives its 20% allocation.